Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A decision made out of pain.

So here's my new web log, or "blog" as the cool kids seem to be calling it. I hope to eventually turn this into an mp3 blog once I figure out hosting, and bullshit like that. I'm an indie rock kid, for the most part, but that doesn't mean it's all I listen to. I'll surprise the hell out of you.

For now, songs I post will most likely be from other blogs. Even though I'm new to the blogging world, I know what a cardinal sin direct linking without permission is. So, for now it'll be a little bit harder.

The Diskettes - How Bizarre

This song is oddly listenable. It's calm, and never manages to annoy with even a hint of the fervor the original manages. The Diskettes are a type of band that you secretly hope never take themselves too seriously, because it will kill all the fun that they are. These guys are weird... even though all their songs are entirely acoustic, they still manage to all sound completely different, for the most part. Sometimes they're completely rocking out, and sometimes they're singing a soft, melodic song. And sometimes they're covering annoying 90's rock music.

But it always works.