Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm a failure

Neutral Milk Hotel - April 8th Rapidshare... follow link

So I'm not gonna be good at this whole mp3 blog thing, I've accepted. The point is to introduce people to new music, but while I'm posting a broad range of music, it's rarely "new." This song comes from NMH's earlier album, On Avery Island. It was a good album, but it didn't have the appeal of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, in my opinion. But this song... even though it's old, it still manages to find its way onto just about every mix CD I make, and everyone seems to enjoy it. The whole song is a beautiful crescendo, and lyrically it's one of my favorite songs ever; it's straight forward with no chorus, and just tells a beautiful story.

Kind Robot - I Can't Hold it Down Rapidshare... follow link

Fine, you guys talked me into it. Here's a little bit of new music... don't get spoiled, though. Kind Robot is a band (?) that has decided to put out free music, which makes supporting them just that much easier. While I believe artists should be compensated for what they do, sometimes it's nice to give back to the community that built you. Their music is far too weird for me, for the most part... but this song I love. If you like them, download the full EP.

"(Kind Robot tracks have also been spotted on Shareaza, Bearshare and Ares.. which we LOVE)"

That quote's on their MySpace, and that's a good sign for things to come. A band that truly loves recognition... you can't argue with that.