Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Let's run the Sigur Ros gamut together!

I did my first link exchange today! Huzzah! Everyone go check out the bubble death, an mp3 blog setup by a nice person named Laura. Aside from that, I don't know much. She's quite nice, though. I'll vouch for that.

This post is mostly dedicated to Kendon, who enjoys Sigur Ros, but has only heard ( ). While still a great album, he needs to be exposed to more. It's weird how I know him... back when I knew him, he was Kal Petterson. Now he's Kendon Luscher. How he made that change, I may never know. I'm pretty sure it's the same boy, though. Either that, or I know nothing.

Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar Rapidshare... Follow link.

This is my favorite Sigur Ros song, ever. Which is weird, because it's Casey's least favorite. He's one of the people I got into Sigur Ros, and there are quite a few. This song comes off their Agaetis Byrjun album, and was also featured in the movie Vanilla Sky. When I first heard this song, I was so swept away it's pathetic. I nearly had tears in my eyes from just how beautiful it was. Which I know sounds unfathomable, but the music just touched me that much.

And that's the power of Sigur Ros. They're either singing in Icelandic or Hopelandish (a made up language), but it doesn't detract from their music at all. You can make the song mean anything you want, and take away anything you want from the song.

Sigur Ros - Track 3 Rapidshare... Follow link

My favorite instrumental track of all time. I probably put this track on more mix CDs than any other, because I want every person alive to experience the joy that is this track. This song comes from their album, ( ), where none of the tracks were titled. I know... weird.

Sigur Ros - Saeglopur Rapidshare... Follow link

At this point, if you aren't convinced that Sigur Ros is an amazing band, nothing's going to do it. This is the perfect song to assign your own meaning to. Maybe this song is about something specific, but that defeats the purpose of them. This song means something special to me, and looking up the translated lyrics would destroy that. I've heard one complaint about Sigur Ros, and that was from a stupid, stupid person who wished that they sung in English.

Quite possibly the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Also, I'm looking to figure out if there's any way I can setup a comment system that isn't exclusive to Blogspot members... anyone know how I could go about doing that? I'm not great with HTML, and am just getting by on self-taught knowledge from 7 years ago.