Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

High expectations usually lead to heartbreak

Two of my friends couldn't figure out Rapidshare, so let me just make sure you guys understand it: all you have to do is follow the link, click "Free" down on the bottom, and wait in line 20 seconds. I use this because I like it more than most sites, even though you have to wait in the line. It's simple.

Duane Hopwood (not an mp3)

I fully expect to absolutely love this movie.

And now for enough music to make this post relevant.

Broken Social Scene - Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl Rapidshare... follow link

My friend Tara got me into these kings of indie rock. While I'd always known about them, and heard a few songs from them, it was by her glowing recommendation that I took the leap to check out a few of their albums. Well worth it, I say. Thank her if you see her on the street.

There's something epic about this song. Something that makes you want to listen to it when you achieve something awesome. When you accomplish something hard. When there's a huge weight off your back. When one of those things happens, listen to this song. It'll seem to make more sense.

Maybe it would make sense all the time if I was a 17 year old girl.