Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Throw stones at me if you wish

I've been kind of a failure at this lately, and I apologize. I've been short on time, but I'll do my best to give you two more updates before Sunday, if I can. Not that anyone really reads this... but I'm sure Claire's probably upset at my lack of updates. So, on with the music!

Former Cities - There's This Thing I Just Can't Quit Rapidshare... Follow link

I got an email from Chris of Former Cities, asking me to check this song out. And at first I was a little turned off, but about 30 seconds in the song really picks up. Comparisons can definitely be made to Pinback, but there seems to be a little Neutral Milk Hotel and Bright Eyes in there, too. It might just be the lo-fi acoustic guitar that reminds me of NMH, though. Either way, after a few listens, you find yourself singing along with it and quite enjoying this song which should be shrugged off as repetitive. The music's a little bland, but that's not necessarially a bad thing; look at Iron & Wine or something along those lines.

Definitely worth checking out. Not everyday you get to hear some experimental acoustic rock.

The Mountain Goats - Color in Your Cheeks (Iowa City Trance Mix)

I wish I could find more remixes of Mountain Goats music. This is just phenominal. Not better than the original, but definitely not worse, either. My friend Casey's not a big Mountain Goats fan, but he loves this remix. So be like Casey. Love this.

Also, go to StG to find a nice remix of a Stars song. I still prefer the original, but variety is always welcome.