Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday, December 23, 2005

He looks at her and says "We're going to a party!"

I know... I know... I suck at this. Eventually I'll get around to posting my favorite CDs of 2005, but for now, let's just try to get through one more goddamn update. Who knew this would be such a daunting task? This update is going to be different from any other because I absolutely hate these tracks. I think these are two of the worst covers I've ever heard, and I ridiculously like both bands.

Something Corporate - Just Like A Woman Rapidshare... Follow link

Yeah, same old Something Corporate that you're used to hearing, just with a song that absolutely doesn't fit for a second. Listen and cringe.

Death Cab For Cutie - Earth Angel Rapidshare... Follow link

Like nails on a fucking chalkboard... This track comes from the Stubbs The Zombie soundtrack, and if you like indie music, it's well worth checking out. If you guys want, I'll do a highlight of it, and post a few of the better tracks. Basically, the entire thing is indie artists covering old 50's bubblegum pop songs. Genius.

Also, I hope you're all watching Subterranean on MTV2. It's the best thing on MTV, hands down. This week's lineup alone was amazing, and I watched it with my friend Kate, who is absolutely not into indie rock at all. But I enjoyed it. Look at this week's lineup and tell me it's not great.

The Chemical Brothers - Believe
The Strokes - Juicebox
The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Bright Eyes - At The Bottom Of Everything
Interpol - C'mere
The Living Things - Bom Bom Bom
Pinback - Fortress
Metric - Monster Hospital
eels - Trouble With Dreams