Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I hoped you would have the potential I didn't.

For some reason, my CD Ripper isn't ripping tracks right, so you'll have to wait another update on that Linkin Park highlight. Until then...

Death Cab For Cutie - 405 (Live) Rapidshare... Follow link

I have four versions of this... studio, acoustic, and two seperate live versions. I like this one the best, because it's the simplist. This one comes from a live performance back in 1998, back when I listened to Korn, Limp Bizkit, and thought Offspring's album "Americana" represented punk music. I learned better, and I wish I'd known about music like this back then. There's no attempts at harmony or any unnecessary bullshit like that. It's just a straight up performance. And with that, it feels the most intimate. Like it's your bar mitzvah all over again and instead of some lame DJ, you've got Ben Gibbard. Fucking awesome. I'm not jewish, though... so I never got a lame DJ.

The Mars Volta - Son Et Lumiere Rapidshare... Follow link

It's 1:35 long, but it's gonna be the best 95 seconds of your life. My experience with The Mars Volta hasn't been fair, because I've played out this song, and Televators more than anything else. And they have too much to offer for that to be my only exposure. Love them... love their fucking faces.