Musings Of An Indie Kid

Me trying to introduce you guys to some of my music. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Where is she? I love her.

Finally! I can share with you the joy that is Linkin Park! Well... not exactly. I'm not a Linkin Park fan. I'm just not. I've bought two of their albums, but I still wouldn't consider myself a fan. But Linkin Park is filled with some of the most talented artists making music today. DJ Hahn, Mike Shinoda, and Chester Bennington are fucking amazing. Their other members are good, too. Linkin Park is a ridiculously solid group, regardless of whether you like their music or respect them. Which is why we have to travel off the beaten path to find their stand-out gems.

Fort Minor - SCOM Rapidshare... Follow link

Fort Minor is actually Mike Shinoda. Shocking, I know... it's like finding out Clark Kent is Superman. And this song comes from the Fort Minor mix-tape, produced by Green Lantern. The real highlighted artists on this are Ryu of S.O.B., Juelz Santana and Celph Titled. I won't even tell you the main selling point of this track, but if you can figure out what SCOM stands for, you'll know. This song is one of the coolest tracks I've heard all year, and is easily the biggest surprise. This is going the be the track that you show all of your friends.


Z-Trip - Walking Dead (Feat. Chester Bennington) Rapidshare... Follow link

First and foremost, if you haven't picked up Z-Trip's album, Shifting Gears, just go out and do it. Hands down one of the best hip-hop albums of the year. Secondly, this track is sick. It reminds me a lot of what Handsome Boy Modeling School did with their song "Breakdown," on their album last year; they threw a beat behind Jack Johnson while he was singing so it became almost as if Jack Johnson was rapping. They do the same thing here, but Chester's a much better singer. This song shows you the kind of music you won't hear on the radio anytime soon, but it should be. Can you imagine anyone not liking this shit?

Linkin Park - Rnw@y (Backyard Bangers feat. Phoenix Orion) Rapidshare... Follow link

Reanimation was one of the sickest albums ever, and no one respected it. People didn't like it because here was a band that was at the forefront of the redefinition of "pop music," and they made a remix album with a bunch of people no one knew. This entire album is the perfection of mixing hip-hop and rock. Perfection.